Where can you see these notices? Click on the best box.
1. Don’t feed the panda!
at a zoo
at a train station
at an office
2. Table Service Only! Please take a seat
in a cinema
in a supermarket
in a coffee shop
3. Keep in a cold place.
4. Caution! Falling rocks ahead!
in a street
in a kitchen
in a museum
5. Quiet, please! Exam in progress!
on a classroom door
on a hotel room door
on an office door
Choose the word which best fits each space in the text.
Click on the best box in the choices below the text.
Rome was founded more (6.)____ 2500
years ago. It (7.)____ built on seven hills beside the river Tiber. Early Rome
was ruled by kings, but in 509 B.C. Rome (8.)____ a republic. The republic
lasted for hundreds of years, but ended in a number of civil wars. During these
civil wars many men tried (9.)____ take control of Rome, including (10.)____
famous Julius Caesar. Eventually, Julius Caesar’s nephew Augustus Caesar
restored peace to Rome.
Choose the word or phrase which best completes each sentence. Click on the best box.
11. The children won’t go to sleep ____ we leave a light on in their bedroom.
12. I’ll give you my spare keys in case you _______ home before me.
13. The singer ended the concert ____ her most popular song.
14. Because it had not rained for several months, there was a ____ of water.
15. I’ve always ____ you as my best friend.
16. She came to live here ____ a month ago.
17. Don’t make such a ____! The dentist is only going to look at your teeth.
18.He spent a long time looking for a tie which ____ with his new shirt.
19. ____ teaching Japanese, she also writes children’s books.
As well as
20. Jane remained calm when she won the lottery and ____ about her business
as if nothing had happened.